If you have outdated ERP software, you might want to upgrade it to a newer version. But in order to do that, the timing is very important or else you might wreak havoc on their efficiency and productivity levels and it could cost you more than what you have budgeted. Thus this is not to be taken lightly, as it requires a lot of time, money and effort.
There are some options that you can do with your outdated ERP solution, first is to modify it, second is to expand it and last will be to replace the whole ERP. But replacing may be challenging, that is said if your company does not put a lot of effort it will be a waste of time and money, as we need to do a lot of work, time consuming and held a lot of training. So you better off ended up expanding or modifying it may have potential, but we believe that in order to gain true efficiency you need to replace the whole system completely.
According to a survey performed by MPI, more than 50% of the manufacturers and distributors doubted their current ERP system was lacking in the functionality, as they need to stay competitive. On the other hand, only small numbers of companies that have been surveyed were planning to replace their ERP system. That’s why deciding whether or not to replace your manufacturing or distribution ERP software can be difficult decision.
Many companies are unaware how to make a proper decision when it comes to replace ERP system. If your company is one of them, we will help you to decide whether or not it is time to replace the old ERP with the new one. This is a list if a new ERP solution is right for you:
- Your company’s growth can be contributed mainly to acquisition and the integration of disparate systems will interfere with ongoing operations.
- Your company has created new strategies that are no longer supported by your legacy ERP system.
- You cannot adequately meet your customers’ needs or demands with your current solution.
- You’ve realized your ERP software never had the correct scope or vertical focus to begin with, and no amount of modifications or “fixes” can correct the solution.
- Your company has grown significantly (think multiple locations, regions, currencies, languages or global supply chains).